Sunday, December 23, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
I was tagged by elephantine. 1. my nickname "essi" created by my little little brother. he couldn't say "esther" he would say "hes-chair". 2.the only people i've ever dated where guitar players. eek! 3.i was fired a month ago, as a weekend hostess at the only organic restaurant in chicago, for not providing or asking a tall six year girl a "baby booster". 4.i ruined the best relationship this summer with a strawberry blonde person. 5. The rules: Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
- I used to eat bananas by just opening the top part and then squishing the banana up from the bottom. It was really mushy, gross, and delicious. I don't do this anymore.
- I failed a spelling test once in sixth grade, but I had a very understanding teacher so after I went up and told him, he didn't make me say "Redo" out loud when everyone called out their scores.
- I really wish I knew French. And fluently.
- One of my all time most-loved songs is Pixies' "Where is My Mind?"
- I'm a homebody.
- When I was younger, I had penpals in South Africa, Michigan, and New Zealand.
- Very few people have called me "Rach" in my life, but I secretly like it.
Monday, December 17, 2007
the following goods are all made from chicago designers. my nephew is turning 2 and these are the gifts I purchased for him. buttons by qylaar. www.qylaar.com 2$ each. I put the buttons on a rolly polly bag made by ikea to give it color. www.qylaar.com 2 $ each 1938 vintage children's illustration, salvaged and framed. by art school girl. my nephews bedroom is intentionally colored with all the primary colors. the walls are white and vintage colorful illustrations are framed carefully . he was missing red but not anymore. www.artschoolgirl.com it's a tie. by K. Bradford ( this gift is for me) screen printed bib by delicious design league. your youngling kicks ass when wearing this bib! assured a no-chucking after mess. www.deliciousdesignleague.com owlyshadowpuppets.etsy.com fivetrees.etsy.com best finger puppet bunny ever. everyone involved was happy and very friendly at Firebelly Art Fair Dec 15.07, Chicago il Thank you Dawn and Amy